Your child’s class teacher will be your first point of contact if you have any concerns. Class teachers are responsible for:
- Providing a differentiated curriculum to meet the needs of all learners.
- Identifying pupils with SEND so that early intervention can be implemented
- Liaising with parents and the SENCO
- Attending pupil review meetings
- Planning for learning support assistants to work with the children
- Ensuring that the school’s SEND policy is followed in their classroom
The SENDCo (Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-Ordinator) Mrs A Carabine is responsible for:
- The day to day running of the school’s Inclusion policy
- Liaising with and advising fellow staff to support pupils
- Co-ordinating the provision for children with SEND
- Maintaining the schools SEND register
- Monitoring the progress of all pupils with SEND
- Liaising with parents of children with SEND
- Contributing to the in-service training of staff, and liaising with external agencies.
- Meeting with the SEND governor
The SEND governor, Mrs Nicki Brown, whose responsibilities include:
- Making sure that the school has an up to date Inclusion policy
- Making sure that the school has appropriate provision and has made necessary adaptations to meet the needs of all children in the school.
- Making visits to understand and monitor the support given to the children with SEND in the school and being part of the process to ensure each child achieves his/her potential in school.