Personal development - an overview
Personal development is integral to achieving our whole school vision of enabling every person to be the best version of themselves.
Through our REACH drivers we show that we are committed to:
- R - teaching responsibility and resilience;
- E - nurturing emotional intelligence;
- A - encouraging ambition and achievement;
- C -promoting creativity and a love of knowledge
- H -celebrating hard work and kindness.
REACH is translated into three components and bound by mantra of: TURN UP, WORK HARD, CHOOSE KIND. These three components our guiding principles are to:
- Develop character in terms of behaviour, attitude and attributes.
- Raise Aspirations, striving towards high quality standards for all from their unique starting points.
- Invest in the whole person through a personal development programme that includes spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
Whilst we have separated personal development as a component it is woven into all three components.
Strands of personal development:
- Comprehensive programme for PSHE and RSE
- SMSC development
- Character development
- Keeping safe
- Preparing for life in modern Britain including British Values
- Enriched opportunities nurturing talents and interests
- Prepared for the next stage of education
This page should be read alongside our SMSC, PSHE, Collective Worship, Emotion Response and Positive Behaviour and Positive Mental Health and Wellbeing policies.