Welcome to year 6!
In year 6, we turn up, work hard and choose kind – each day, every day. Whether you love singing, acting, writing stories, solving puzzles or sporting activities, there’s something for everyone in the year 6 curriculum.
Here are some of the lovely books we will be enjoying together:
- Wonder by R J Palacio
- The boy at the back of the class by Onjali Q. Raúf
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J K Rowling
- Rooftoppers by Katherine Rundell
- The Machine Gunners by Robert Westall
- Letters from the Lighthouse by Emma Carroll
We will explore a range of topics throughout the year and look forward to exciting visits and visitors to enhance our learning. Young Voices at Resorts World Arena, Warner Bros. Studios, Drayton Manor, Professor McGinty, PGL…
What an exciting year we have ahead! Year 6 is a special year; we aim to succeed in our learning, forge strong relationships, prepare for secondary school and make memories to last a lifetime. Oh what fun we will have!